Our volunteers are at the heart of what we do
By volunteering with us you can be a part of something that:
- Focuses on what local people say · Speaks out to give a voice to local patients and their relatives
- Looks at Hospitals, GP’s, Opticians, Dentists, Pharmacies, Care Homes, and Home care services
- Ensures that people are involved in choices and control of health and care
- Provides better information for patients and the public.
We have a range of volunteering roles that are flexible and tailored to work around your schedule.
Training and support are available for every role and experience are not essential. The most important thing we look for is a belief that people in Stoke-on-Trent should have the best health and social care services possible, and a desire to be part of making that happen.
Whatever your age, interests or skills, come and talk to us today and help Healthwatch Stoke-on-Trent make a difference in health and care services for you, your family, and friends.
Current volunteering opportunities
Take a look at our current volunteering opportunities:
- Young Healthwatch Volunteer - Ensure that young peoples voices are heard and help to influence change to make health and social care services better for children and young people. No DBS required.
- Publication and Document Editor - Support by looking over materials and reports to ensure they are accessible to the public and its intended audience. No DBS required.
- Digital Communications and Social Media Volunteer - support our communications team in managing our online platforms by reviewing and creating content. DBS is required.
- Enter & View Authorised Representative - Listen, observe and collect people's experiences of health and social care services, including people living in residential homes to understand and inform the service of what is working well and what can be improved. DBS and references are required.
- Community and Engagement Volunteer - Collect feedback about people's experiences of health and social care services by engaging with people are various locations including hospitals, libraries, etc. and community events. DBS is required.
- Information and Signposting Volunteer - Support local people to get the information they need about local health and social care srvices and how to access community support. No DBS required.
- Healthwatch Advisory Board (HAB) Member - Support the Healthwatch work programme including Enter and View visits, supporting the team by attending and representing Healthwatch at strategic meetings, and building relationships with key health and social care, voluntary and community sector stakeholders. DBS and references are required.
- Online Feedback Collector - Contribute to the intelligence and information Healthwatch use to inform improving change by collecting feedback about people's experiences of local health and social care services that have been posted online. No DBS required.
- Administration Volunteer - Support the back-office functions of Healthwatch with data entry, event planning and answering telephone calls. No DBS required.
- Virtual Visit Volunteer - Help to build a picture of local health and social care services by interviewing residents, patients, family members, carers and staff online or over the phone. Please note this is not the same as the Enter & View Authorised Representative role. No DBS required.
- Healthwatch Champion and Ambassador - Be the eyes and ears of what's happening in the community. Ensure that people are engaged, listened to and provided with an avenue to inform Healthwatch of their views and experiences of health and social care services. DBS is required.
Not sure of what role would suit you? We're always keen to hear from people who have new skills to offer us, if that's you, get in touch.